ERCP by Todd H. Baron MD FASGE, Richard A. Kozarek MD FASGE, David
By Todd H. Baron MD FASGE, Richard A. Kozarek MD FASGE, David Leslie Carr-Locke MD FRCP FACG FASGE
ERCP, now in its moment variation, is devoted to simplifying and explaining every little thing that you have to comprehend to successfully and accurately perform endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography. high quality photographs, illustrative diagrams, and insurance of the most recent thoughts consultant you thru this advanced subject and assist you in achieving optimum outcomes.
- Deliver the best therapy
- Master the most recent diagnostic and healing suggestions with ERCP - your visual and interactive guide to this more and more very important procedure!
with an in-depth evaluate of elaborate ERCP approaches, and equip your self with the latest strategies, healing modalities, and guidelines.
- Apply the most recent ERCP techniques
- Enhance your learning with assistance from summaries following every one bankruptcy, up-to-date photos all through, and a wealth of illustrative diagrams demonstrating key information.
- See how it really is done. Over 40 videos characteristic the most recent techniques, corresponding to Needle Knife Sphincterotomy, Biliary Sphincterotomy, Cannulation, and Fistulotomy.
- Access the totally searchable textual content, obtain all of the photographs, and watch key video clips online at www.expertconsult.com!
with eleven new chapters masking Cholangioscopy: Videocholangioscopy; Echoendoscopic Ultrasound; Endoscopic Ultrasound; mixed Biliary and Duodenal Obstruction; and more.
Read Online or Download ERCP PDF
Best digestive organs books
This publication has been created for sufferers who've determined to make schooling and examine an essential component of the therapy procedure. even though it additionally offers details precious to medical professionals, caregivers and different healthiness execs, it tells sufferers the place and the way to appear for info overlaying almost all subject matters with regards to brainerd diarrhea (also free bowels; The runs), from the necessities to the main complex parts of study.
This e-book presents an intensive assessment of the detection of PCNs utilizing smooth imaging recommendations and a transparent advisor to the popularity of the various subtypes of PCN in keeping with their radiologic and histopathologic gains. This quantity will function a superb relief to the choice of optimum healing innovations in accordance with preoperative prognosis.
This quantity examines the present nation of unfastened radical biology because it affects on hepatic problems. It takes a radical examine the connection of oxidative pressure in acute and persistent affliction and takes under consideration components like: redox biomarkers; antioxidant safeguard and safety; telephone signaling, mutations; oxidative harm concerning lipids, proteins and nucleic acids; membrane trafficking, irritation, mitochondrial disorder, adjustments in immunological functionality and toxicology and hypoxia.
- Gastrointestinal Mucosal Repair and Experimental Therapeutics (Frontiers of Gastrointestinal Research)
- Colonic Diseases
- Antireflux Surgery
- Constipation - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- The Epidemiology of Alimentary Diseases
Extra info for ERCP
A ﬁnal ﬁlm obtained with a large image intensiﬁer ﬁeld of view (12 or 15 inch) is helpful to evaluate potential retroperitoneal (Fig. 9) or intraperitoneal air. For calculation of actual duct size with digital or standard radiographic images, knowledge of the scope caliber enables a simple proportion to be created to determine the exact magniﬁcation for each image (Fig. 10). 5 mm caliber therapeutic endoscope is used during an ERCP where there is biliary dilation above a strictured region, the exact degree of duct dilation may be calculated by measuring the dilated portion of the duct as well as the scope on the image.
Gastrointest Endosc 2005; 62:592–596. SECTION 1 Chapter 4 GENERAL TOPICS Endoscopes, Guidewires and Accessories Sushil K. Ahlawat and Firas H. Al-Kawas INTRODUCTION ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography) has become the preferred technique for the management of patients with a variety of benign and malignant pancreaticobiliary disorders. Success and safety of the procedure depends to a large extent on the indication of the procedure, skills of the examiner and an organized and functional ERCP unit.
30) are not documented elsewhere in the procedure. But again, for the most effective reporting, this information should be rapidly communicated by the endoscopist. Some therapeutic maneuvers and their respective images speak for themselves such as biopsy (Fig. 31), stone extraction (Fig. 32) or stent placement (Fig. 33) so long as an image is obtained to document the event. However, in other circumstances such as in patients with sphincter of Oddi dyskinesia, both the bile and pancreatic ducts may be morphologically normal, and the diagnosis cannot be made on the basis of images alone.