Cytokines and Chemokines in Infectious Diseases Handbook by Malak Kotb, Thierry Calandra
By Malak Kotb, Thierry Calandra
Univ. of Tennessee, Memphis. textual content presents a entire overview of cytokines and chemokines in immunity and human infectious illnesses. Covers bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections. comprises an review of healing innovations and brokers and the position in modulating host responses to pathogens and vaccines. DNLM: Chemokines--immunology.
Read or Download Cytokines and Chemokines in Infectious Diseases Handbook PDF
Similar viral books
This booklet has been created for sufferers who've determined to make schooling and examine a vital part of the remedy technique. even though it additionally supplies info valuable to medical professionals, caregivers and different healthiness execs, it tells sufferers the place and the way to seem for info overlaying almost all themes on the topic of syphilis (also past due syphilis; Lues; Lues, received; basic syphilis; Secondary syphilis; Syphilitic stroke), from the necessities to the main complex components of study.
It is a 3-in-1 reference booklet. It offers an entire scientific dictionary masking hundreds and hundreds of phrases and expressions in terms of Aedes aegypti. It additionally provides vast lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it offers details to clients on the way to replace their wisdom utilizing a variety of web assets.
Jap Encephalitis (JE), a mosquito borne disorder, is the top reason behind viral encephalitis in 14 Asian nations as a result of its epidemic strength, excessive case fatality cost and elevated hazard of lifelong incapacity in sufferers who get over this dreadful illness. regardless of seriousness of the ailment, nonetheless simply few books can be found for prepared reference.
Immigrant drugs is the 1st accomplished consultant to taking good care of immigrant and refugee sufferer populations. Edited through of the best-known members to the transforming into canon of knowledge approximately immigrant medication, and written via a geographically varied choice of specialists, this e-book synthesizes the main useful and clinically correct info and provides it in an easy-to-access layout.
- Global Climate Change and Extreme Weather Events: Understanding the Contributions to Infectious Disease Emergence: Workshop Summary
- Cellulitis - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Molecular detection of human viral pathogens
- Viral Hepatitis: Diagnosis, Therapy, and Prevention
Additional resources for Cytokines and Chemokines in Infectious Diseases Handbook
FINDINGS IN OTHER CYTOKINE CANDIDATE GENES Interleukin-10 shows well-defined haplotypic promoter variation. High IL-10 secretors presenting with fever of unknown origin display an increased mortality rate (48), whereas susceptibility to severe meningococcal disease as well as poor outcome seem to be linked to inherited high IL-10 secretion and low TNF release in a family study testing ex vivo cytokine inducibility (49). IL-10 promoter genotypes could not be associated with incidence or outcome of severe abdominal sepsis (Fig.
1998) Protection against lipoapoptosis of beta cells through leptin-dependent maintenance of Bcl-2 expression. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 95, 9558–9561. 126. , et al. (1998) Plasma leptin levels are increased in survivors of acute sepsis: associated loss of diurnal rhythm, in cortisol and leptin secretion. J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 83, 280–283. 127. , Madero, R. and Montiel, C. (1999) Relationship of plasma leptin to plasma cytokines and human survival in sepsis and septic shock. J. Infect. Dis.
119. , Talabot-Ayer, D. et al. (2002) Leptin signaling deficiency impairs humoral and cellular immune responses and attenuates experimental arthritis. J. Immunol. 168, 875–882. 120. , et al. (2001) Leptin potentiates experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in SJL female mice and confers susceptibility to males. Eur. J. Immunol. 31, 1324–1332. 121. , et al. (2002) Balancing susceptibility to infection and autoimmunity: a role for leptin? Trends Immunol. 23, 182–187. 122. I. (2002) Leptin inhibits the anti-CD3 driven proliferation of peripheral blood T cells but enhances the production of pro-inflammatory cytokines.