HTML5: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals) by Matthew MacDonald
By Matthew MacDonald
HTML5 is greater than a markup language—it's a dozen self reliant net criteria all rolled into one. previously, all it's been lacking is a guide. With this thorough, jargon-free advisor, you'll how to construct internet apps that come with video instruments, dynamic drawings, geolocation, offline net apps, drag-and-drop, and plenty of different positive aspects. HTML5 is the way forward for the internet, and with this ebook you'll succeed in it quickly.
The very important things you have to know:
* Structure websites in a brand new way. learn the way HTML5 is helping make website design instruments and se's paintings smarter.
* Add audio and video with no plugins. construct playback pages that paintings in each browser.
* Draw with Canvas. Create shapes, photos, textual content, and animation—and cause them to interactive.
* Go some distance with style. Use CSS3 and HTML5 to jazz up your pages and adapt them for cellular units.
* Build net apps with wealthy computer features. allow clients paintings together with your app offline, and method user-selected records within the browser.
* Create location-aware apps. Write geolocation purposes at once within the browser.